Tips for Organizing a Garage, Attic or storage Building
Some Simple Tricks to Declutter Your Storage Area
1. You can use a full day or weekend to declutter and organize based on your garage, storage space, and attic size and the amount of clutter.
2. A good idea to decide on theitems you might want to get rid of is to ask yourself: did I use it last year? If the answer is no, then it’s time to get rid of it.
3. Have you spent a lot of time time and money on storing your items? We’ve all done it! We hold on to items in our garage, storage building, or attic that have lost its purpose or value to us.
4. Then go through each object and sort it into four piles – Hold, Donate, Sell, Toss. 1-888-PIK-IT-UP, can assist in removing unwanted items to be donated, recycled, or trashed. We can do the heavy lifting for you!
Steps to Attic/ Storage/ Garage Cleanout
STEP 1 DETERMINING WHAT MESS TO ELIMINATE
As with every decluttering initiative, cleaning and purging are the first steps towards any garage and storage organization. This means trying to get rid of more and more mess before things can be put back together. Set aside a few days to inventory everything in your storage space intensively. Each object needs to be assessed, and you have to make a tough decision to relocate or get rid of it.
STEP 2 HOW TO GET RID OF YOUR UNWANTED ITEMS
The easiest way to get rid of your unwanted items is 1-888-PIK-IT-UP™, a Full-Service Junk & Bulk Pick Up Service serving Raleigh and the surrounding areas. We can take nearly anything from nearly anywhere in and around your home or office. If you need help cleaningout yourattic, garage, or a storage shed we can help. We can remove nearly anything non-hazardous including old furniture, mattresses, box springs, appliances, old tools, toys, E-Waste, even lawnmowers, sheds, Hot Tubs, and Yard Waste. We even take office equipment like server racks, printers, copiers, desks, and office chairs. Call 919-261-6727 for your free estimate.
STEP 3 GETTING YOUR SPACE BACKAND MAKE IT MORE ORGANIZED
After you havegotten rid of allyour unwanted items, you will discover how much room you actually havein your garage, attic, and shed.
There may still be items that you couldn’t part with or items that still need to be kept.
• Antique furniture, bedframes, mattresses and box springs
• Musical and other wood instruments
• Baby items and toys
STEP 4 STORAGE PLAN
Now that your storage area has been cleaned of unwanted items you should make a plan for any remaining items. Remember, everything you find during the decluttering process in your garage/attic/storage space should be put in some organizational zones. They could include areas by season (summer, autumn, winter, spring) or type (toys, Christmas, etc.). Make big, highly readable labels for each zone and pilot objects for each label.When your areas are coordinated, you can experience a well-earned sense of achievement.